Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Shopping

I do not like to shop...but my sister? She LOVED it...shopping for gifts, cards, craft junkamola, you name it. She spent many hours over the last few months in bed, poring over catalogs and making lists for Christmas. This was a good substitute for the real thing, and she seemed to truly enjoy picking out just the right thing for each person.

So yesterday I started my own Christmas shopping, and I did it with Pammie in mind. I started a list in a little notebook, and I tried to embrace the giving spirit of the holiday. After the kids went to bed, I sat down and did some online shopping, and I bought some gifts for my husband that my sister helped me pick out just a week before she passed away. In the next few weeks, I hope to give up some of the "burden" that holiday shopping seems to be, and enjoy it for her.

No comments: