Monday, December 15, 2008

Wake Up Call

Growing up, managing the morning bathroom time was a challenge...two parents, two teenagers and a five year old sharing a bath and a half. There was some routine of who got to use the potty when, but all I knew was that Pam would wake me every morning when it was my turn. She would come to my door and sing, of course...lots of different songs, but I remember this one best...

When cows wake up in the morning, they always say "Good day!"
When cows wake up in the morning, they always say "Good day!"
"Moo! Moo! Moo! Moo!"
That is what they say, they say,
"Moo! Moo! Moo! Moo!"
That is what they say.

That would continue with a sheep, a dog, a cat, and even a fish. The fish would just make a fish face, since fish don't talk. Pam was very good at the fish face. I can picture my view of her from my bed. She would stand in the doorway, and sometimes she would take the stuffed animals off of my shelves and they would do the singing. Sure beats an alarm clock. :)

No comments: