Sunday, November 30, 2008

Why exactly did these particular monkeys love jumping on the bed?

For as long as I can remember, mommy has been singing a little song "5 little monkeys jumping on the bed. "She sang it to my brothers and I as children as well as when we were adults, and to her nieces M and E. The best though, was when she used to sing it to my dog Carol. It may seem odd, but when mommy used to sing it to Carol, her little tiny (pea shaped) head would explode. Mommy would sit by the edge of the bed while Carol with sleeping (on the bed, obviously). She would sing it slow, inching her fingers like little legs across the bed towards Carols face. The greatest part was hen mommy's finger would get an inch or two from Carol's face, Carol would be so excited, she'd slink the rest of the way on her belly to land a lick on Mommy's face.

On line in Borders, I tried to resist the temptation of all the crappy chotchkies along the way. As I got closer to the register, one of the chotckies was a "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" card game. Random and significant beyond belief, I had to buy it, mommy wouldn't have thought twice about buying it either. I'm sending it to Aunt M to play with Baby E. I can only hope one of their little heads explodes.

1 comment:

So Smrt said...

We have a monkey book from Aunt Pammie, and I think a glove/monkey/puppet is hiding somewhere in your house!

Can't wait to get the card game...