Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Christmas Pig

When I visited Pam a few weeks ago, we were looking through catalogs to do some Christmas shopping. In one, we found a pink peppermint pig that you're supposed to break and eat during the Christmas season for good luck. Quite a few years ago, Pam brought one of those pigs to my mom's for the Christmas Eve party with the O family. After the meatballs and shrimp, we smashed it on the slate of the front entry way. It took quite a few tries to break it, because it only comes with this teeny little hammer. She was so excited to start a new tradition, but as far as I know, we only did it that one year.

When we were talking about it, she remembered it tasting great, but I think it may have been just tolerable. In any case, one of these years (maybe even this one), I'll buy a pig and smash it for my family...and I'll remember holidays past that were full of the love of my sis.

No comments: