Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nick and Kerry's Wedding

I know that I am very late in blogging about this, but I could not let this occasion go by with saying what a wonderful day it was. Pammie's baby boy got married! Nick and Kerry looked handsome and beautiful. The hall and food were great. The memorial candle for Pammie was sad but lovely.
I kept thinking during the wedding how much Pammie would have loved it. I remember her talking about the red dresses the bridesmaids would wear and how the flowers were going to match them. I remember looking through bridal magazines with Pam and talking about styles and colors for her own dress. I remember how happy she was when Nick asked Eddie to be a part of the wedding party. I missed her from beginning to end. My heart ached to see Julien alone at this happy event. I also kept thinking that this was the last family event that Pam would help plan.
When the DJ said that Pam had called, it was a little jarring, but to see that floor fill up with people to dance the Chicken dance in her honor was overwhelming and very emotional for me. The Chicken dance is such a happy, fun and cheerful dance. Just like Pam to love it!
Seeing Nick and Steph dance together was also very emotional, but lovely. They knew that Pam would like the dance to go on and her kids did it, even though it was clearly very difficult for them . Pam was very much a part of this special day!

God Bless Nick and Kerry!

Love,
Auntie Eileen

No comments: