Friday, March 13, 2009

Story Time

Yesterday Emma asked me to tell her a story. I usually tell her about amazing wildlife encounters or heroic sagas about a princess named, well, Emma. Being very worn out by a not-so-perfect spring break, I just couldn't get myself to make up yet another one. So I fell back on a song-story that Pammie used to tell...I'm sure she sang it for all the kids, but I especially remember Christopher loving it.

Once upon a time in a wee little shack there lived three bears.
One was a momma bear and one was a papa bear and one was a wee bear.
One day they went a walkin'
Through the deeper woods and stalkin'
Came a girl with blond hair.
Her name was Goldilocks, and upon the door she knocked,
(Tap tap tap)
But no one was there.
So she walked right in and had herself a ball!
She didn't care at all.
Then home, home, home came the three bears.
"Someone's been eatin' my porridge," said the daddy bear.
"Someone's been eatin' my porridge," said the mommy bear.
"A-bear-bobba-re-bear," said the little wee bear,
"Someone has broken my chair, Ahhh!"
Then Goldilocks woke up,
And broke up,
The party and beat it out of there.
"So long, good bye!" said the daddy bear.
"Bye! Bye! Bye!" said the mommy bear.
"A-bear-bobba-re-bear," said the little wee bear,
And that ends the story of the three bears! Ahhh!

The tune is pretty strange, kind of like a 1960s performance art sort of piece. Of course there are voices that go along with each bear. Christopher always joined in with the little screams of the wee bear. I can see this also becoming one of Emma's favorites. It always was one of mine!

1 comment:

STRETCHING said...

I can't be sure what influences added to Pam's general nature but Emma and Michael sure will benefit from it through their own Great mom!