Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wine-O

First post in a long time. Short memory that came to me...

Mommy barely ever drank. Maybe once a year, she'd have half a glass of wine, but that's about it.

When her M.S. headaches started to get worse over the past few years, she realized a little bit of wine would take the edge off.

When I say "a little bit" i mean that to the true extent of the phrase. She rarely ever made it through one minuscule glass.

One day, I must have been home from college, I'd apparently been doing the dishes. My mother had a headache that day, and had had a glass of wine at best.

Outburst #1: It apparently did the job, because next thing i knew, she was picking up handfuls of suds from the sink, and throwing them at me, hysterical laughing. Man, was I angry. One, because i couldn't get her to stop throwing the bubbles, and two, because i couldn't see why it was so f'in funny?

Once she stopped throwing bubbles at me, we watched TV in her bed. Outburst #2 enfolds.

Outburst #2. Out of nowhere, she got out from under the covers, jumped on top of the bed, took both of her socks off, and started singing at the top of her lungs and swinging the socks in the air. I cant quite remember if my father was watching TV with us, or just came to my rescue.
But, wen my father and I tried to subdue her, she would whack us with the socks and laugh

Mommy was a lightweight I suppose, but hysterical to watch, sock smacking, bubble throwing and all.

3 comments:

So Smrt said...

I can so picture that! :) Thanks for the laugh. I don't know if I ever saw her take even one drink of alcohol...I wonder what was in her cup when she did the toast at my wedding?

STRETCHING said...

Unfortunately I would have most likely been bothered by someones radical and annoying behavior toward me as well. But I must say as a by stander, I would have loved to see that one unfold! LOL

egc said...

I think Pam liked to really let loose and even a sip of wine would probably let her spirit free. I saw her take a few sips of wine on a couple of different occaisions, but never drink a full glass. Imagine what would have happened then!
Love,
Aunt Eileen